BCom, LLB (Hons)
Legal secretary: Leah Kristanta
+61 3 8600 0713
Ben is a lawyer in KCL Law’s Construction and Infrastructure practice. His practice includes acting for developers, principals, head contractors, subcontractors and owners in both ‘front-end’ and ‘back-end’ construction and infrastructure matters, including all aspects of contract management and disputes. Ben takes a pragmatic approach to his practice by providing commercial and strategic advice.
Since joining the firm, Ben has gained valuable experience on a wide range of construction and infrastructure matters, including defect and incomplete works disputes, pre-litigation advices and contractual disputes in all Victorian Courts and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Prior to joining the firm, Ben has worked as a paralegal for a number of law firms, including a large global law firm in their Construction team. He has also volunteered at a number of legal centres.
In addition to the Law Institute of Victoria, Ben is a member of the Society of Construction Law Australia, Housing Industry Association and Property Council of Australia — Victoria Division.
In April 2019, Ben joined KCL Law as a paralegal assisting the Construction and Infrastructure team and was admitted to practice in September 2019. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from Deakin University.
Areas of practice
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on AS, bespoke and HIA contracts for ‘design and construct’, ‘construct only’ and construction management and builder’s side deeds
- Contract management, including issue of and response to notices under contract and submissions for final payment claims
- Dispute negotiation and risk allocation
- Pre-litigation advice
- Claims and responses under Security of Payment Legislation (Vic)
- Disputes under contract and at law, including in relation to performance of and payment for works, delays, extension of time, defects, latent conditions and acceleration of works
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Housing Industry Association
- Property Council of Australia — Victoria Division
Admitted to practice
- September 2019 — Supreme Court of Victoria