Gesualda Li Rosi
BEc, LLB | Accredited Family Law Specialist
Legal secretary: Evan Avtzis
+61 3 8600 8861
Gesualda specialises in family law and has held accreditation as a Family Law Specialist since 1990.
Divorce traverses many areas of law (including company, tax, property and trusts) and Gesualda’s broad understanding of the law allows her to give clients virtually everything they need to get through the divorce and separation process.
Gesualda is very sympathetic to clients in this highly emotional area and has a reputation for trying to solve a client’s problem quickly, while at the same time ensuring that the best possible result is achieved.
Gesualda joined KCL Law in 2005 (then called Kliger Partners) and was appointed a Principal Lawyer in January 2018.
In the Doyle's Family Guide 2019, Gesualda was recognised as a Leading Family & Divorce Lawyer — Melbourne.
Areas of practice
- Bankruptcy and family law
- Children's matters (including all aspects of parenting orders)
- Child support (including child support agreements and adult child maintenance)
- Collaborative law
- De facto relationships
- Divorce applications
- Domestic violence and intervention orders
- Financial agreements (including agreements in anticipation of a relationship, during a relationship and post a break down of a relationship)
- Injunctions and restraining orders
- Property settlements and financial disputes (including complex financial matters and cross jurisdictional financial matters both within Australia and overseas)
- Same sex relationships
- Separate representation for children
- Spousal maintenance
- Superannuation splitting
- Taxation implications of settlements and separations
- Taxation of costs
Admitted to practice
- 1982 — Victoria and High Court of Australia
Gesualda is currently a member of the:
- Family Law Sections of the Law Institute of Victoria and Law Council of Australia
- Collaborative Professionals, Law of Institute of Victoria
- Australian Italian Lawyers Association
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- International Academy of Collaborative Lawyer
Gesualda is a past Board Member of the Women’s Legal Service and Family Law Legal Service.