Legal secretary: Tamara Finlayson
+61 3 8600 8853
A key member of the Banking and Finance practice, Isabel brings extensive experience and depth-of-knowledge to the team in the areas of banking and finance, commercial and property law.
Isabel’s approach to her practice is always strive for excellence by doing things right and efficiently from start-to-finish, and to make sure the client is well informed by keeping an open line of communication with the client at all times.
Prior to joining KCL Law, Isabel’s experience included working in-house for a large household name institution specialised in providing legal services to first and second tier banks, credit unions and institutional lenders. During this time, she successfully completed multiple complex transactions of various lending products; taking securities over personal and real estate properties Australia wide.
Isabel has also worked for mid and large size law firms providing legal advice to private lenders, property syndicates and joint ventures with sophisticated lending structures, and family businesses and high-net worth individuals specialised in funding large property purchases and construction development projects.
In addition, Isabel is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria.
Isabel was admitted to practice in 2008, after completing a Bachelor of Laws from Deakin University. Isabel also holds a law degree from the Sacred Heart University of Lima (UNIFE-Peru) and speaks Spanish fluently.
Areas of practice
- Drafting loans, mortgages and related security documents for senior, mezzanine and preferred equity facilities.
- Construction funding, including tripartite agreements, step-in deeds, and design and construct contracts.
- Due diligence on property and other assets, including title/s, contracts of sale, planning, environment, contamination, leases and building contracts.
- Guarantees and indemnities.
- Priority and subordination.
- Settlements, stamping and registration of property security in PEXA and company securities and discharges on PPSR.
- SMSF lending expertise, including review of trust deeds, contracts of sale and related parties agreements.
- Law Institute of Victoria
Admitted to practice
- 2008 — Supreme Court of Victoria