BA, LLB (Hons) (Monash)
Legal secretary: Lily Ly
+61 3 8600 8814
A member of KCL Law’s Employment and Workplace Relations practice, Jennifer acts for public and private clients from across a range of industries to advise on employment and industrial relations matters.
Jennifer’s experience includes advising on employment contracts, employee claims (including unfair dismissal, adverse action, discrimination and underpayments), employee negligence, sexual harassment, bullying and victimisation, termination of employment, enforcement of restraints and enterprise bargaining. She also has extensive appearance work and advocacy before courts, tribunals and the Fair Work Commission, including frequently representing clients and negotiating outcomes at conciliation in Fair Work Commission matters.
Prior to joining KCL Law, Jennifer worked at a number of national and specialist employment law firms where she worked across the full scope of employment, industrial relations, regulatory and safety matters. She also provided training seminars on workplace safety, sexual harassment, bullying and victimisation.
Jennifer was admitted to practice in 2016, after completing a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws with Honours from Monash University. Jennifer joined KCL Law in April 2019 and was appointed Associate in January 2020.
Jennifer is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Industrial Relations Society of Victoria, Victorian Women Lawyers, Fitzroy Legal Service and Lawyers for Animals.
Areas of practice
- Employment and workplace relations
- Advocacy in Fair Work Commission matters
- Discrimination and adverse action issues
- Employment contracts
- Employment related litigation
- Enterprise agreements and union disputes
- Executive engagements and termination
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and claims
- Good faith bargaining strategies
- General protections claims
- Modern award interpretation
- Occupational health & safety
- Post-employment restraints
- Redundancies and other employee terminations
- Training and seminars on employment law
- Underpayments claims
- Unfair dismissals
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- Fitzroy Legal Service
- Lawyers for Animals
Admitted to practice
- 2016 — Supreme Court of Victoria