Head of Property
BA (Deakin), LLM (JD) (Monash)
Legal secretary: Jennifer Hawke
+61 3 8600 8890
Head of KCL Law’s Property team, Morgan’s practice focuses on commercial property transactions with particular expertise in sales and acquisitions, residential broadacre and medium-density developments, real estate finance, leasing and property due diligence.
He has advised a broad range of clients, including private corporations, publicly listed companies, institutional funds and private family businesses.
Morgan’s approach to his practice is to work closely with his clients to provide timely and commercial solutions that deliver real value.
Prior to joining KCL Law in April 2019, Morgan worked in the Property and Development teams at law firms Russell Kennedy Lawyers and Arnold Bloch Leibler. He was appointed Head of Property at KCL Law in January 2020.
In addition to the Law Institute of Victoria, Morgan is a committee member of the Property Council of Australia (Vic) ― Planning & Infill Committee.
Morgan was admitted to practice in April 2013, after completing a Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) at Monash University. He also holds a Bachelor Arts from Deakin University.
Areas of practice
- Commercial, industrial and retail property acquisitions and sales
- Commercial and retail leasing and licensing
- Due diligence
- GAIC and FIRB applications
- Stamp duty, land tax and GST
- Real estate finance
- Subdivision and staged developments
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Property Council of Australia — Victoria Division
Admitted to practice
- April 2013 — Supreme Court of Victoria