BCom, LLB (Hons)
Legal secretary: Carleen Cawsey
+61 3 8600 8838
Rebecca is a Principal Lawyer and key member of our Family Law practice. With over 20 years' experience practising exclusively in family law, she has comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of family law.
Rebecca’s practice in family law focuses on parenting, property and child support, and she acts for a broad range of clients, including many high-net-worth individuals.
Rebecca’s experience includes, but is not limited to, having acted in relation to parenting disputes involving international and interstate relocations, property disputes involving complex corporate structures and third parties, child support disputes and parenting matters where there are welfare concerns regarding children.
She is a skilled negotiator, adept at drawing Child Support Agreements and Financial Agreements, and has extensive experience conducting trials in the Family and Federal Circuit Courts of Australia.
Rebecca has an empathetic and sensitive approach and her focus is to deliver the best possible outcome for her clients.
Rebecca was admitted to practice in 1998 after completing a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from Monash University. She joined the firm as Special Counsel in 2014 and was appointed Principal Lawyer in April 2018.
Recognised by her peers for her expertise, Rebecca was listed in the 13th Edition of The Best Lawyers in Australia for Family Law.
Areas of practice
- Children's matters
- Child support and adult child maintenance
- De facto relationships
- Divorce applications
- Family violence and intervention orders
- Financial Agreements (including agreements in anticipation of a relationship, during a relationship and post relationship breakdown)
- Injunctions and restraining orders
- Property settlement and financial disputes (including complex financial matters)
- Spousal maintenance
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria
Admitted to practice
- 1998 — Supreme Court of Victoria