BCom, LLB (Hons)
Legal secretary: Amy Andrews
+61 3 8600 8885
Sam heads KCL Law’s Estate Group and practises principally in estate planning, estate administration, trusts, asset protection and estate disputes. He has provided estate planning solutions to some of Australia’s wealthiest individuals and provided advice in highly complicated and emotional estates.
Sam is also a member of the firm’s Commercial and Corporate practice, and has expertise in a wide range of business-related matters, including sales of businesses, partnerships, joint ventures and structures.
It’s his combination of law and commerce qualifications that enables Sam to advise clients and assist them in achieving their legal and commercial objectives.
In the 2018 Doyle's Wills & Estates Guide, Sam was 'recommended' in both the Leading Wills, Estates and Succession Planning Lawyers — Victoria and Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers — Victoria.
Sam's previous individual accolades in the Doyle's Wills & Estate Guide include:
- Leading Wills, Estates and Succession Planning Lawyer — Victoria, 2017 (Leading)
- Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers — Australia, 2017 (Recommended)
- Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers — Victoria, 2016 (Recommended)
- Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers — Victoria, 2015 (Recommended)
To start your estate planning with Sam, click here.
Areas of practice
- Establishment of all types
- Variations and appointments
- Buy / sell agreements
- Charitable foundations
- Life Insurance
- Organ donation
- Powers of attorney
- Probate and estate administration
- Protecting estates from divorce
- Superannuation and death
- Testamentary trusts
- Trust variations and appointments
- Will disputes
- Law Institute of Victoria
Admitted to practice
- 1996 — Supreme Court of Victoria