Family law is a complex and often emotionally charged area of the law. Our experienced family law team offers a high level of legal expertise and an understanding approach to the needs of all clients.
Each of our lawyers understands the difficult aspects of marriage and relationship breakdowns which involve a range of issues including arrangements for children as well as the financial aspects of such breakdowns. Our team is highly skilled in all aspects of family law including negotiation, alternative dispute resolution, mediation, collaborative law and, if all else fails, litigation. We are here to guide you through a difficult and unfamiliar process which can be stressful at times. We aim to achieve the best outcome possible in a cost effective and timely manner.
Our knowledge and expertise in dealing with the financial consequences of marriage and relationship breakdowns means we are also well placed to assist clients entering into relationships and marriages to protect assets from claims in future in the event of a separation.
At KCL Law we can advise you in all aspects of family law and related issues. We assist with all such matters including:
- property disputes, including complex matters involving businesses, companies and trusts
- financial agreements before, during and after de facto relationships and marriages, including asset protection;
- pre-nuptial agreements;
- superannuation agreements;
- spousal maintenance;
- children's matters, including where children live, contact, choice of schooling and the right of children to have a meaningful relationship with both parents and other people, including grandparents;
- same sex matters;
- relocation matters, including interstate and overseas;
- paternity issues;
- child support, including limited and binding child support agreements;
- family violence and intervention orders;
- mediation and alternative dispute resolution;
- collaborative law; and
If you are interested in receiving our Family Law legal updates, please click here.