Since 1981, KCL Law has acted for both franchisors and franchisees and has worked on all legal aspects of franchising. As a regular adviser to a number of key players in the franchise industry, including fast food, retail, property and finance, it’s our business to keep up to date with the regulation changes and how they impact our clients’ business.
We have a reputation built from providing clients with:
- expertise arising from familiarity with the franchising sector in Australia;
- clear communication about what is needed, and what the implications are;
- access to senior, key lawyers who know your requirements and needs;
- interface with a highly skilled intellectual property division;
- a detailed, negotiated, fee structure so there are no surprises; and
- experience in related areas of law that inevitably intersect with franchise businesses.
Our Franchise Group work closely with lawyers from other key practice areas across the firm, including banking and finance, commercial and corporate, employment, intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, and property.
The expertise of our Franchise Group includes:
- business structuring and restructuring
- commercial, retail and industrial leasing;
- corporate governance
- contract negotiation and preparation
- dispute resolution
- distribution and licensing agreements
- employment contracts
- family business, including succession planning;
- franchising code compliance and advice;
- information technology agreements;
- intellectual property, patents, trade marks, copyright;
- Privacy Act and SPAM Act;
- shareholder dealings;
- supply and sale contracts; and
- terms and conditions of trade.
If you are interested in receiving our Franchise legal updates, please click here.