Since our inception in 1981, we have specialised in property related matters and over that time have developed a strong reputation in Melbourne. KCL Law is an industry pioneer in property law and the thousands of developments that we have been involved in are a standing monument to the breadth of our experience.
The key to our longevity is that we understand Australia’s and in particular, Melbourne’s property market. We keep on top of the market trends, developments and changes and impart our knowledge to our clients by delivering industry-focused seminars and producing regular legal e-updates that outline the impact changes may have on their businesses.
Our Property team is dynamic and astute; we have experience advising on a broad range of property matters, including major development projects, commercial transactions and leasing and residential transactions. We understand the importance of tying the commercial, practical and legal aspects of a deal to get a transaction over the line.
The expertise of our property team includes:
- commercial, retail and industrial sales and purchases;
- commercial and retail leasing;
- joint venture agreements;
- project development agreements;
- building contracts and project management agreements;
- town planning;
- shopping centre developments;
- subdivision and staged developments;
- owners corporation structuring and planning;
- FIRB applications;
- GST advices;
- Duties Act advice;
- property taxes (rates, land tax) advice; and
- real estate agency advice and agreements.
Mark Yaskewych, Principal Lawyer, heads our property practice and is complemented by Senior Special Counsel and Accredited Property Law Specialist, Geoff Kliger, Consultant Aitan Schmideg, Senior Associate Colin McCaul and Lawyer Kylie Marotta.
If you are interested in receiving our Property legal updates, please click here.