KCL Law offers industry focused services, and has considerable expertise in advising businesses and operators within the Tourism and Hospitality industry.
We help clients navigate the multitude of legislative and regulatory requirements relating to the Tourism and Hospitality industry and ensure that they are on top of the additional layer of legal requirements often imposed by Parliament on business owners in this industry.
Invariably in business, disputes arise. Our team of litigators and accredited mediators are well equipped to advise clients of their rights, claims and defences and in pursuing or protecting their rights in or out of VCAT or the relevant court.
We apply the same level of diligence and commerciality when guiding our clients through complex transactions such as the sale or purchase of businesses, acquisition or disposition of land on which businesses are operated, the entering or assigning of leases and the general issues that arise in the operation and management of a business.
Our work for the Tourism and Hospitality industry includes:
- Planning permit applications;
- Food Act registrations;
- Liquor Licence applications;
- Providing lease and legal advice to caravan park operators;
- Negotiating and drafting assignments of leases;
- Negotiating and drafting variations of leases;
- Acting in the sale and acquisition of businesses;
- Acting in the sale of properties in which hospitality businesses operate; and
- Providing franchise advice.
Our Tourism and Hospitality team is led by Principal Lawyer and Accredited Mediator, Anton Block.
If you are interested in receiving our Tourism & Hospitality legal updates, please click here.