KCL Law has specialised in property related matters since the firm’s inception in 1981. Over 40 years later, our Property practice has acted for a broad range of property and development clients — including multi-national property developers, private and public companies, family businesses and high-net-worth individuals — to establish a strong reputation for being one of the finest full-service property team’s in Victoria.
With previous experience working in large law firms, government and private industry, our property lawyers are commercially astute and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Australia’s and, in particular, Melbourne’s property market. We keep on top of the market trends, developments and changes so that we can impart our knowledge on to our clients.
Our property lawyers have extensive experience advising on a broad range of property matters — including major property and development projects, commercial and residential transactions, and leasing — and know the importance of tying the commercial, practical and legal aspects of a deal to get a transaction over the line.
The expertise of our Property team includes:
- building contracts and project management agreements;
- commercial, retail and industrial acquisitions and sales;
- commercial, retail and industrial leasing;
- GAIC and FIRB applications;
- joint venture agreements;
- owners corporation structuring and planning;
- project development agreements;
- real estate agency advice and agreements;
- shopping centre developments;
- stamp duty, rates, land tax and GST;
- subdivision and staged developments; and
- town planning.
Morgan Scholz heads our Property practice and is complemented by Principal Lawyer Mark Yaskewych, Senior Special Counsel and Accredited Property Law Specialist, Geoff Kliger, Associate Amy Landberg, and Lawyers Kylie Marotta and Minka Fennell.
If you are interested in receiving our Property legal updates, please click here.
KCL Law © 2022
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.