KCL Law are industry experts in owners corporation matters. Over the last few years, our Owners Corporation team has developed a truly detailed understanding of the complex relationships that exist between the owners corporation, the manager, committee members and individual lot owners.
We have built a significant reputation within the Owners Corporation industry, by delivering practical and interactive legal seminars to owners corporation managers and committee members, and by producing regular owners corporation legal e-updates that keep our clients on top of legal changes and developments in the industry.
Our aim is to ensure the smooth running of the owners corporation for our clients and we do this by providing accurate and commercially practical solutions. We assist owners corporations in all aspects of legal advisory work and litigation, ranging from debt recovery to highly complex management disputes.
Our Owners Corporation team acts for:
- owners corporations of all sizes, ranging from large apartment buildings, to shopping centre complexes to small owners corporations;
- registered managers;
- committee members;
- lot owners;
- property developers; and
- real estate agents.
The expertise of our Owners Corporation team includes:
- establishing and structuring owners corporations;
- drafting special or additional rules for owners corporations and arranging the recording of those rules at the Titles Office;
- drafting agreements, including instruments of delegation;
- debt management and debt recovery;
- advising owners corporations and managers on all aspects of management, administration and governance;
- advising as to correct meetings procedure;
- preparing leases and licences for the common property and lots;
- attending annual general meetings as advising solicitor or proxy;
- changing lot liability and lot entitlements;
- converting of company share and stratum title schemes to a subdivision with an owners corporation;
- resolving management disputes;
- resolving disputes between lot owners; and
- resolving issues relating to common property defects, repair and maintenance obligations.
Our Owners Corporation practice is led by Principal Lawyer Anton Block, who is also an Accredited Mediator. Further complementing the team are Special Counsels Geoff Kliger and Andrew Ball, Associate Andrew Chan and Lawyer Deborah Andronaco.
If you are interested in receiving our Owners Corporation legal updates, please click here.